Advertisement

Author Topic: The BF3 Recruiters  (Read 11807 times)

Offline Ruud033

• Private
The BF3 Recruiters
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:18:20 AM »
Hey all,

I just had a question, who is going to recruit the new ones?.. and who is playing bf3 frequently?

The only ones i have seen so far ( also in the beta ) are:

- Dcdh
- Gworthen
- Zliner
- IkkeJr
- Asraelite
- me ( Ruud033z )

=PWTE=

The BF3 Recruiters
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:18:20 AM »

Offline IkKeJr

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I Love The Smell Of 2-Stroke In The Morning !
    • IkKeJr On Deviant Art
Re: The BF3 Recruiters
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:25:22 AM »
I think if we are going to have a war team, we should trail new members that want to join us in wars.

Offline Asraelite

• Senior Game Admin
  • =PWTE= KING
  • Hoc volo, sic iubeo; sit pro ratione voluntas.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:38:46 AM »
I totally disagree with everybody.

Offline DevilDogUSMC

• Game Admin
  • =PWTE= KING
  • Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »
Me too, but I don't know what you are talking about. ;)

Offline secondhonor

• Senior Game Admin
  • Captain
  • No Bunnys
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
hmmm you dont see me??

Hey all,

I just had a question, who is going to recruit the new ones?.. and who is playing bf3 frequently?

The only ones i have seen so far ( also in the beta ) are:

- Dcdh
- Gworthen
- Zliner
- IkkeJr
- Asraelite
- me ( Ruud033z )

good

Offline IkKeJr

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • IkKeJr On Deviant Art
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 04:37:36 PM »
I totally disagree with everybody.

And who cares?

Offline Asraelite

• Senior Game Admin
  • =PWTE= KING
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 04:41:56 PM »

Offline DevilDogUSMC

• Game Admin
  • =PWTE= KING
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
Are you guys talking about recruiting members into the clan, or a deathmatch team? ???

Offline Zed

• Senior Game Admin
  • =PWTE= KING
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 08:02:14 PM »
????

Offline daakseed

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
Related to Ruud033 point and general playing of BF3:

BF Clan Wars is gearing up for the release of Battlefield 3. We are looking for clans interested in competing in the largest battlefield scenario ever organized.

Battlefield Clan Wars is a game played against other clans using your accumulated game stats, provided by Battlefield 3 Stats. There is no software to install, no requirements to play in special servers, no need to even be apart of a clan – play as a mercenary.

Clans elect to join missions and compete until all objectives have been met. Objectives can be a variety of requirements that will change for every mission. Objectives may include something like, a clan must accumulate 1000 Medic Efficiency Ribbons – combined from all registered clan members. A single mission will be made up of 10 unique objectives and could last several days depending on the selected objectives.

Players are required to register with BF Clan Wars and submit their Battlefield 3 Player ID, and select their clan from the registration page. This is required so a player’s during a missions run time can be accumulated and counted toward their respective clan. Returning players will be granted access to a members only section which will allow them to vote on upcoming missions and objectives. Returning players will also have access to the war room which will show the stats of current missions and their stats toward mission objectives.

For more information or to register, go to www.bfclanwars.com

I guess we may participate and thus we need have some practice together as a clan.  :)

Offline IkKeJr

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • IkKeJr On Deviant Art
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:36 AM »
I dont think well have a war team with this amount of enthousiasm.

Typicall that when someone tries to put some effort into it,
he gets bashed and the topic goes offtopic so fast.
(Asra)

The only real feedback we got here came from second and daakseed.
If you dont want to be in a war team because you cant handle playing against pple that are better than you just stfu (Asra again)

In short, its all Asra's fault XD
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:10:29 AM by IkKeJr »

Offline daakseed

• Corporal
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 08:22:32 AM »
I guess its already a positive sign that someone started the topic (Ruud003 +1).

Look, in case we have BF3 servers (at least in Europe) & have few ppl who can play well & servers that are clean from cheaters  than we can attract new members and start doing something like other clans do (just check SASS clan).

Offline FROG

• =PWTE= Fighters
  • =PWTE= KING
  • Death on Contact!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »
We need our warfare franchise... e.g. something like =POW= prisoners of war or anything else.  Cause =PWTE= has a padd reputation over battlefield community, and nobody wants to join even though we're cool guys.

So, if we create a parallele site for our parallele fighting clan, we will attract some wolf soldiers I'm certain.
Btw, a new site will cost about $15/year, so no big deal.

Offline daakseed

• Corporal
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »
We need our warfare franchise... e.g. something like =POW= prisoners of war or anything else.  Cause =PWTE= has a padd reputation over battlefield community, and nobody wants to join even though we're cool guys.

So, if we create a parallele site for our parallele fighting clan, we will attract some wolf soldiers I'm certain.
Btw, a new site will cost about $15/year, so no big deal.

It depends where PWTE as a clan wants to be... personally, I have no idea what are the plans. Looks like we became causal play people who like to socialize and sometimes play (not even on our own servers) on their own schedule. I admire efforts that some ppl put into making our clan to play together (e.g. DD's past thursday smackdowns at BC2), but even their voices disappearing.

I understand that some of us grew up and have now wifes, kids, girlfriends and other headache-causing things.  At the same time, we have a few recent members who still have lots of energy. So now we have a chance to get reborn as a Fenix by engaging into BF3 world. There are quite a few enthusiastic ppl around and it's time to make a call and decide what to do next. I believe we can combine causal play with war-gaming pretty well.

You say that PWTE as a "brand" has saturated.  Lets vote whether we form a "franchise" clan and assign BF3 server(s) to it. I vote:
1. to form a new franchise clan
2. put together a website
3. advertise our servers by playing there ourselves (with very tough rules and without rules)
4. organize something like clan-sponsored tournaments or game series (small prizes would  be easy to cover, but it gives us required promotion to attract people & get funds for covering server, TS and etc. costs)
5. Write occasional articles or guides for SEO (very short e.g. Headshooting tips from IkKrJr :) or "My favourite car is a tank or How to kill all-of-ya using Tanks" from DD) and promote through official channel

In Russia, there is a military saying "initiative f**ks initiator", but I am ready to contribute by donating for the website hosting at least for the first year, support with website development and  clan promotion. I am not a game-admin, but I will be playing on our servers and try to participate in war-games as much as possible.

daakseed

Offline IkKeJr

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • IkKeJr On Deviant Art
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 12:41:25 PM »
Nice!
You should join us on TS

Offline FROG

• =PWTE= Fighters
  • =PWTE= KING
  • Death on Contact!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 11:05:28 PM »
We found our marketing vice-president.  All thing I thought of, but never had time to accomplish.

You mentioned something great... Articles, news, tips!  All things I've been asking to the gang, but got no volunteers. It's easy for me to give rights to someone that wants to write articles on the front page.

And As I mentioned a long time ago.  The website needs to be restructured to be functional, cause at the moment it's scattered.  Someone can come up with a good architecture. Like instead of having our music videos and jokes in the general section, we could add an entertainment button next to forum up there.  These are all ideas that would make the site more friendly user.

I say, get one =PWTE= 16 slot server for paddling, and get other servers with a new =TAG= for our fights.  We shouldn't mix =pwte= with fighting.

Offline Asraelite

• Senior Game Admin
  • =PWTE= KING
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 08:59:11 AM »
for the website... it should be www.pwte.net again.

Offline FROG

• =PWTE= Fighters
  • =PWTE= KING
  • Death on Contact!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 10:32:10 AM »
for the website... it should be www.pwte.net again.

I know, I know. This was temporary, but temporary for me is a few months.  It will be fix within a month... promise!

One of the major reason I didn't made the move, is that the forum went from 2.0betaRC5 to 2.0.1, and that not all mods that we were using were upgraded. I was waiting for the coders to upgrade their mods. But it seems that some are not being upgraded anymore. I'll see what I can do. I may have to parse the code myself, something I wanted to avoid cause it takes time.

Offline DevilDogUSMC

• Game Admin
  • =PWTE= KING
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »
I like where daakseed is heading. Unfortunately I cannot play yet, maybe by this weekend. I would like to join a fighting platoon but fear my ping would prohibit my participation.

Like you said about getting slammed for your initiative, I tried to start a tip topic for bc2 that we could all benefit from only to have my statements picked apart and criticized. I won't make that mistake again. I think it has a lot to do with our competitiveness and the childish nature drives adults to play video games in the first place. Do not get discouraged, change takes time and leadership.

Once we have had some time to get used to this game I will try and get the smack-downs started again. They were a lot of fun.

Another excellent point Daakseed brought is that we need to play on our own servers. Especially if we want to get good enough to have a competitive team. Iron sharpens iron...

Offline FROG

• =PWTE= Fighters
  • =PWTE= KING
  • Death on Contact!
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 10:31:29 AM »
Another excellent point Daakseed brought is that we need to play on our own servers. Especially if we want to get good enough to have a competitive team. Iron sharpens iron...

First thing we should do is add everyone as friend. This way we can see if other players are playing somewhere else. It's easier to find them, and tell them to join us on the Clan's server.  On BF2 I used to track players with xfire or bf2servers.net. But now, I'm not very active  as you all know, and I don't have BF3 yet. But will probably have in January 2012.

Advertisement

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:40:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 26404
  • Total Topics: 2709
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 1584
  • (January 23, 2020, 06:45:28 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0