Advertisement

Author Topic: New 1.5 patch  (Read 4695 times)

Offline kamakazi

• Senior Game Admin
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Go on make my day
New 1.5 patch
« on: September 02, 2009, 07:19:30 AM »
Wenesday 2nd September 2009

From the 1st September 2009 EA have released a new 1.5 patch for the Battlefield 2 and 2142 servers.

The best information that I could find is at : -

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bf2_2142/archive/2009/08/27/battlefield-2-update-v1-50-is-almost-here.aspx

The only problem is, once the servers have been updated, anyone that has not updated their PC can not join that server.
Also once you have updated your PC, you can not then join a server that has not been updated .. A usual EA f*ck up.
Although you can uninstall by reinstalling your game and only patching with the 1.41 patch and not the new one.

To encourage people to upgrade, EA are giving a new map called Operation Blue Pearl, both Armored Fury and Euro Force booster packs for FREE and the Highway Tampa map as well.

These can be added to the normal Mec / China Server, but I have decided to keep the AF / AF server seperate and add the Operation Blue Pearl and Highway Tampa to that as at the moment there is only 6 maps on that server, that will make it 8 maps and a bit more interesting. Although from U Tube footage of the new map, it's boring and silly .. LOL.
Hopefully as it looks like you do not have to go through the usuall stupid process of registering your AF / AF booster packs, with this new download, then we can get more members to play on that server.

So I have updated the Special Forces TIME server and the AF / EF servers today and will update the others over the weekend.
This should give everyone, including myself a chance to update. I will update a couple of my accounts and leave 1 of them on the Special Forces TIME server to help get it going, the other, on the AF / AF server. The other 3, I will leave floating around the Special Forces and China / Mec servers till the weekend and tell as many people as possible what is happening. The Slaughter House one's will be left for a while untill I am sure all have managed to download the new patch.

On the providers website it states that all ranked servers must be updated, I asume if they are not they will be reverted to unranked servers, although they do not say that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:05:38 AM by kamakazi »

=PWTE=

New 1.5 patch
« on: September 02, 2009, 07:19:30 AM »

Offline kamakazi

• Senior Game Admin
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Go on make my day
Re: New 1.5 patch
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:20:58 PM »
Thursday 3rd September 2009

I have downloaded the patch and found everything to be OK, I joined the Amored Fury and Euro Forces server, with no problems at all.  Highway Tampa has always been a great map and the new Operation Blue Pearl is alright but not so good.

At least now you can all get your Euro Badges, with out the hassle of going through EA's complicated system of registering each of your accounts. I found I was only able to play Highway Tampa with only one of my PC's for some reason it would not '' take '' in the past, on the others, but was OK after this new patch.

If once we have got used to the two '' new Maps '' if you want to move those two to the China / Mec server, let me know, but for now I want to leave them on the AF / EF server to encourage more people to use that server.

Offline kamakazi

• Senior Game Admin
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Go on make my day
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:39:07 AM »
Saturday 5th September

All the servers are now running the new 1.5 patch. I was going to leave the Slaughter House servers untill next weekend, but the provider has already installed the patch and restarted the servers.

I have not had any problems on any of the servers with the new patch. All my worries about glitches and stats being effected, thankfully were for nothing. At last it looks as if EA have managed to do something right for a change .... took them long enough to get it sorted tho .....

Offline FROG

• =PWTE= Fighters
  • =PWTE= KING
  • Death on Contact!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:14:38 AM »
We now have the BF2 1.50 patch on our site ready for download.  I tested the download and it took me approximately 1h45 minutes at a 300kbps continuous rate.

http://www.pwte.net/downloads/bf2_patch_1.50.zip

Offline FROG

• =PWTE= Fighters
  • =PWTE= KING
  • Death on Contact!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 06:26:01 AM »
We now have the BF2 1.50 patch on our site ready for download.  I tested the download and it took me approximately 1h45 minutes at a 300kbps continuous rate.

http://www.pwte.net/downloads/bf2_patch_1.50.zip

This site is also fast.  I had an average of 450kbps.

http://www.bigdownload.com/games/battlefield-2/pc/battlefield-2-v15-patch/

Advertisement

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Advertisement

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 26404
  • Total Topics: 2709
  • Online Today: 21
  • Online Ever: 1584
  • (January 23, 2020, 06:45:28 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0